Cohesion – Let’s Know what is it? – Movingtrend
Movingtrend - Friday October 27, 2017
Cohesion means unity or interrelation. You can imagine cohesion in football field when eleven players are divided in four groups’ midfielder, striker, defender and goalkeepers. Each group performed its unique task but collective effort of the four groups is to make a goal or to stop a goal. When different modules work together to achieve a single objective then this cooperation is termed as Cohesion.
Every software problem is divided in small task called module. Each module implements specific functionality or job. Modules are a set of elements which are cohesive to perform a task. High cohesion means best program design. It is the intra-dependability within the element of the module.
1. High cohesion and low coupling is termed as the functionally independence of other modules.
2. Functional independence means cohesive modules perform single objective or task.
3. Functional independence means minimal interaction with other modules.
4. Reliability, robustness and reusability are found in high cohesion.
It is the probability of system to perform the intended functionality means failure-free operating.
It means to resist the changes in system and tackle the problems during execution of the operations.
The utilization of the existing resources may be in the form of software product or by product.
5. But in low cohesion due to lot of interaction among the modules reusability and maintenance is difficult to perform.
It means the reforms in Software products which make it more useful, and enhance its performance.
6. Cohesion is found between lower cohesion to higher cohesion in different classes of cohesion.
Types of Cohesion
1. Coincidental Cohesion
2. Logical Cohesion
3. Temporal Cohesion
4. Procedural Cohesion
5. Communicational Cohesion
6. Sequential Cohesion
7. Functional Cohesion